Welcome to Pro Ed House School – for those who learn differently
On behalf of the Pro Ed House School community of children, teachers and therapists, welcome to our website. We hope that you will explore the information found here and then visit us in person. Upon doing so, we are confident that you will understand why we think that Pro Ed House School is an exceptional learning environment for bright children with learning differences, for the following reasons:
- Specialised teachers who are not only caring and knowledgeable, but committed to their students and to ongoing professional development, particularly related to students who learn differently.
- An engaging, research-based instructional programme that reflects excellence and innovation as well as a rich understanding as to how to work with individual learners.
- A focus on learners’ social and emotional development as well as their cognitive and academic development.
- An emphasis on developing self-knowledge and self-advocacy skills.
- A programme that focuses on developing personal characteristics that facilitate learning, thinking and problem solving.
- Small class sizes (maximum 12/13) with extensive opportunities for differentiation and individual attention.
- An exciting assortment of extra-curricular activities e.g. art, karate, chess, surfing, soccer, yoga.
- We offer one of the most personalised learning environments in the country with a 5:1 student/adult ratio.
- A school with a long-standing record of helping children transform from struggling learners to confident and strategic thinkers, who are successful in school and in life.
We look forward to welcoming you at Pro Ed House School.
Dr Anita Worrall, Psychologist, Founder and Executive Director
Mrs Sheila Schuurmans, Principal