The Educational Psychology Department, led by highly experienced, Dr Anita Worrall and supported by her colleague, Mrs Sharon Hoffenberg, is one of the strongest in Cape Town.
Informed by the latest international research on learning, literacy, memory, cognition and executive functions, they use the most recent assessment tools to advise parents and teachers of the child’s cognitive and learning profile. Based on this profile, an Individual Education Programme may be built.
We offer the following:
- Latest Cognitive Assessments (WPPSI IV and WISC V)
- School readiness assessments and recommendations
- Psycho-educational assessments and recommendations for children with specific learning or reading difficulties including dyslexia, ADHD, Executive Function disorders and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Assessments for school accommodations and concessions (e.g. extra time, spelling concession, use of reader/scribe)
- Behaviour Management programmes for children
- Cognitive and thinking skills programmes
- Interventions for children with ADHD
- Working Memory Training
- Parent Management Training